Global Sterile Filtration Market Report 2021-2026 –
Dublin, November 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Sterile filtration – Trajectory and analysis of the world market” report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global Sterile Filtration Market To Reach $ 7.3 Billion By 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global sterile filtration market, estimated at US $ 4.8 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US $ 7.3 billion by 2026, with a growth at a CAGR of 7.2% during the analysis period.
Cartridge filters, one of the segments analyzed in the report, are expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% to reach $ 2.9 billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the capsule filters segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 7.7% for the next 7 year period. This segment currently represents a 26.4% share of the global sterile filtration market.
Sterilization and filtration are gaining in importance in many industries due to the burden of compliance. Until now, the pharmaceutical / biological and food industries have been the main users of sterilization systems. Even within the food industry, the emphasis on sterilization and prevention of containment have become priority areas due to a series of contamination issues around the world. In such a scenario, the provision of contaminant-free food / drink has become a key trend. Until now, heat has been the primary mode of sterilization.
However, many factors such as loss of product characteristics and high energy costs cause food processors to migrate to sterile filtration. In addition, many products such as biopharmaceuticals are not suitable for thermal sterilization, which leads to an increasing use of membrane filters. Even in the food industry, sterile filtration is increasingly accepted due to reduced processing time and costs.
The market is expected to benefit from increased production of organic products. In the pharmaceutical sector, biotherapeutics is one of the fastest growing segments. Key factors driving the growth of the biotherapy market include the ability to treat diseases that were previously incurable. In addition, biotherapeutics are known for their safety and effectiveness. There are several other factors that are driving the growth of the Biotherapies market.
For example, technological developments in several related fields lead to the development of a large collection of plausible drug targets and also to considerable progress in the perception of diseases. In addition, the synthesis of human insulin and monoclonal antibodies (MAB) are also contributing factors in propelling the growth of the biotherapies market. The existing scenario in the biologics arena is expected to stimulate the growth of biotherapeutic drugs in the short term. The number of biotechnology patent applications continues to increase by around 25% per year.
The biologic drug industry is increasingly focusing on sterile filtration to achieve contaminant-free products. Drugs are very sensitive to heat and filtration plays a key role in ensuring the integrity of these drugs. In addition, regulators and businesses are increasingly focusing on bioburden, as drug contamination poses high risks to patients, including fatal risks.
From a manufacturer’s perspective, contamination also carries a financial risk, as plant closures could result in losses of several billion dollars. In addition, the collateral damage to reputation could and the corrective measures of the regulators could also seriously affect companies. Even if a batch of drugs does not pass the quality parameters, the lost opportunity in terms of the market and the financial losses are very high. Sterile filtration therefore plays an important role in the biopharmaceutical industry as an effective method of sterilizing products.
It can be technically very difficult to terminally sterilize biopharmaceuticals, making the use of sterilant grade filtration vital for such aseptic processing applications. Heat sterilization, or any other method requiring energy input in biotechnology pharmaceuticals, can cause undesirable degradation of the product, which can only be avoided by the use of sterilized filtration.
Membrane filtration sterilization as a method of physically removing microbes from heat-sensitive biopharmaceutical fluids has been practiced for several decades, and there is already a high level of expertise and experience in the industry. The process has been well understood and proven to be reliable when properly validated.
Sterile filtration is also commonly required to reduce bioburden levels in process streams to avoid potential biofilm formation. Process validation of sterilant grade filters is an essential task to ensure and verify filter performance under fluid flow and process conditions.
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Importance of sterile resources in various manufacturing processes: a primer
- These are times when questions abound and answers are scarce
- So how fast or slowly are we moving?
- India’s second wave makes clear that fairness is not part of global COVID policy
- Progress on vaccinations, why should companies care?
- With IMF’s Upward Revision of Global GDP Forecast for 2021, Most Companies Are Optimistic on Global Economic Return
- A look back at 2020 as the worst year in human history that left the world in shambles and industries and markets in turmoil
- What is sterile filtration and why is it important in the food and pharmaceutical industries?
- Recent market activity
- Brands of the world
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 40 featured)
- 3M Company
- General Electricity Company
- Merck KgaA
- Pall Corporation
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Porvair Filtration Group LtÃ©e
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech SA
- Starlab Scientific Co., Ltd
- Sterlitech Company
3. MARKET TRENDS AND FACTORS
- Growth of the biopharmaceutical industry driven by increased R&D investment is fueling fundamental market growth
- Bioburden control in a booming biopharmaceutical industry offers opportunities for sterile filtration
- Here’s how the focus on bioburden control is driving the demand for sterile filtration in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Increasing vaccine production increases the need for sterile filtration
- Sterile filtration and vaccines
- Strong demand for processed foods in support of growing demand
- Pandemic drives demand for packaged food and drink
- Why is filtration essential in food processing and production?
- On the cards, robust growth opportunities in the alcohol industry, post-pandemic
- Role of sterile filtration in wine and beer production
4. WORLD MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total number of profiled companies: 40
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pi9lyt