Dane Co. to spend over $ 570,000 on air purification and filtration units in county-owned buildings
MADISON, Wisconsin – Dane County plans to invest more than $ 570,000 to upgrade ventilation systems in county-owned buildings to better limit the spread of COVID-19.
The investment, announced Tuesday by Dane County Director Joe Parisi, will bring ultraviolet air purification and filtration units to 20 county-owned facilities.
âDane County is committed to fighting the spread of COVID-19 in our community,â said Joe Parisi, Dane County Director. âInstalling air purification and filtration units on our ventilation systems at county-owned facilities will help us improve the overall health and safety of our indoor spaces. “
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, air purifiers, when used correctly, can help reduce airborne contaminants like viruses. When combined with other CDC-recommended mitigation strategies, air cleaning can play an important role in limiting the spread of disease indoors.
Parisi said the project will be funded with money the county got from the American Rescue Plan Act. Dane County received more than $ 106 million in local aid when the relief plan was adopted.
The following buildings will have purification and filtration units installed as part of the project:
- Badger Prairie Health Care Center
- Badger Prairie Needs Network Building
- City-County building
- Public security building
- Dane County Courthouse
- Consolidated food service building
- Dane County Medical Examiner Building
- East District Expressway Garage
- Buildings at Dane County Landfill
- Tellurian Detox Building
- Juvenile detention center
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
- Lyman F. Anderson Center for Agriculture and Conservation (Fen Oak)
- Dane County Clean Sweep Building
- Blooming Grove Buildings (Emergency Management and Library Service)
- Sheriff’s Office Training Center
- Springfield Freeway Garage
- Henry Vilas Zoo buildings
- Fish Hatchery Highway Building and South Madison Office
- Park maintenance building
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS DOCUMENT MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, DISTRIBUTED, REWRITED OR REDISTRIBUTED.